In advance of the Ghostbusters: Afterlife theatrical release on November 19, Sony Pictures Consumer Products (SPCP) is bolstering the Ghostbusters consumer products programme with a raft of new licensing collaborations. With merchandise and interactive experiences covered across all categories, including apparel, publishing, toys and collectables, home goods, seasonal, gaming, interactive games and more, the current Ghostbusters licensing lineup is the brand’s biggest CP programme of all time. In addition to the U.S., the brand can be found in hundreds of formats around the world, including the UK, Germany, Mexico, Japan and Australia.
“A cult classic and cultural phenomenon, the Ghostbusters brand has withstood the test of time reaching a myriad of fans, generation after generation around the globe,” says Jamie Stevens, EVP, Worldwide Consumer Products, Sony Pictures Entertainment. “We are excited to continue celebrating the famed franchise with the Ghostbusters: Afterlife release. Our partners have been fantastic at bringing the beloved brand characters and themes to life through movie-themed products and interactive experiences we are sure fans will never forget.”
All-new Ghostbusters: Afterlife licensee collaborations include the following:
- A Ghostbusters’ capsule collection featuring apparel and footwear inspired by the film from streetwear brand A BATHING APE. The collection is now available in stores and at BAPE.com and US.BAPE.com.
- An in-game integration by Halfbrick Studios launching late November in their title Jetpack Joyride.
- Hasbro’s first-ever Ghostbusters HasLab project, which gives fans the opportunity to get their hands on a Ghostbusters Plasma Series Spengler’s Proton Pack. Visit the crowdfunding platform HasbroPulse.com to pre-order.
- AR game Ghostbusters: Afterlife ScARe from Imprezario Entertainment, arriving 19 November.
- Ghostbusters content to be included in Psyonix’s sports-action video game Rocket League. Details will be revealed on the Rocket League Twitter account and website on November 11.
- “Ghostbusters: Afterlife: The Art and Making of the Movie”, published by Titan, available to pre-order now at Amazon.com.
SPCP is providing a one-stop-shop where fans can find all their favourite goods across every major product category at shop.ghostbusters.com for shoppers in the U.S., Canada, New Zealand and Australia and shop-ghostbusters.com for European shoppers.
Ghostbusters: Afterlife and classic Ghostbusters interactive games, apparel, footwear, collectibles, seasonal, home goods and more are available now:
- Epic Gameslaunched a Ghostbusters: Afterlife Fortnite in-game integration, where fans completed a series of movie-themed quests in order to unlock a free Ghostbusters back bling.
- DecoPaccake kits, cake toppers and decoration kits are now available on Amazon.
- Disguise (the costume division of JAKKS Pacific) costumes, costume accessories and inflatables are available online and at major retailers.
- Doumakrelaunched limited-edition Campfire Stay Puft and Mini Stay Puft marshmallows. Find nationwide retail locations at https://www.campfiremarshmallows.com.
- Forbidden Planet has a full assortment of apparel and accessories inspired by the film at www.forbiddenplanet.com.
- Home décor throws and pillows by Francoare available on Amazon.
- Funko’s Ghostbusters: Afterlifeassortment includes ten Pop! vinyl figures, all available now for pre-order at Amazon.
- Giftable keepsake ornaments and itty bittys from Hallmarkare on sale at www.hallmark.com.
- KIDdesignsdeveloped a line of youth electronics now on sale at Amazon.
- The largest and most detailedLEGO Ghostbusters ECTO-1 ever created is available at major retailers and at www.lego.com.
- Mad Engineapparel for the entire family can be found at Walmart.
- Reebok’s full-familyfootwear and apparel collections is available globally at www.reebok.com/ghostbusters.
Worldwide, numerous licensees are offering gifts, novelties, apparel, accessories, costumes and home goods including: Furyu (Japan); Brand Alliance (UK); The Hut Group (UK); R.H. Smith & Sons / Smiffys (UK); and Walmart de Mexico.