Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit organization behind Sesame Street, is teaming up with a raft of direct-to-consumer (DTC) brands to let fans show their love for their favourite Sesame Street Muppets in new and fashion-forward ways.
“The pandemic has changed the way consumers shop, accelerating e-commerce growth to new heights,” says Gabriela Arenas, Vice President, Global Licensing, Sesame Workshop. “With the DTC model taking centre stage and shifting even more retail activity online, we’ve pivoted our licensing strategy to meet this new consumer demand. As we continue building long-term relationships with our fans, we’re thrilled to collaborate with these trend-setting lifestyle brands and take an innovative multigeneration approach to propel our characters forward.”
Sesame Street’s latest DTC collaborations are as follows:
- Hedley & Bennett has launched a Sesame Street-inspired collection of their chef-tested premium kitchen gear this month. Featuring Cookie Monster, Big Bird, Elmo, and Bert and Ernie, the aprons are handcrafted and super functional for any cooking adventure.
- Nugget, makers of the original play couch and leaders in the play couch category, has teamed up with Sesame Street to create the Elmo Nugget. This is a one-of-a-kind, mixed-fabric Nugget featuring a soft patterned cushion in microsuede, a thick sturdy base in Elmo’s signature red, and two triangle pillows each with Elmo eyes and nose—all for endless mix-and-match fun.
- Sesame Street and NYC-based Staple joined forces on a new streetwear collaboration. Mixing Staple’s iconic pigeon and colorful graphics with favorite Sesame Street characters, the collection includes adult shirts, hoodies, hats, outerwear, a rug and plush.
- Skincare brand Starface has launched a limited-edition collection inspired by Sesame Street characters. Starface products including Hydro-Star pimple protectors and Lift Off Pore Strips have been redesigned to feature Elmo, Cookie Monster, Big Bird, and Oscar the Grouch.
- Yoga accessory brand Yune Yoga is offering a new collection featuring Sesame Street’s Elmo, Cookie Monster, Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch, and The Count. Available now, the light-but-dense Trekk travel is made from eco-friendly PER, and features a soft, ridged surface and a firmer, stickier bottom for grip on any surface.
Earlier this year, Sesame Workshop announced a team-up with Hanna Andersson for an exclusive capsule collection of Sesame Street organic cotton pyjamas, as well as the launch of its sixth collection with Bombas – now including baby socks sized 0-6 months and 6-12 months, alongside adult and kids’ styles – and a collaboration with Designs by Chad & Jake for personalised gifts for infant and toddlers featuring Sesame Street characters.