Kilburn Live, a specialist in branded live entertainment, has revealed a partnership with Mattel, Inc. for a new upcoming immersive attraction: World Of Barbie.
Created in partnership with the leading global toy company, Kilburn Live’s interactive exhibition will allow fans the unique opportunity to step directly into Barbie’s inspiring world, where they can explore her iconic Dreamhouse, walk down her neighbourhood streets into various interactive rooms, and even sit in her one-and-only, life-sized Camper Van, fabricated by the team at West Coast Customs.
World of Barbie launches this summer in Toronto, Canada. From Toronto, the attraction will travel to multiple cities across the United States, with anticipated markets including New York, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles and more.
World of Barbie was designed for multiple generations to interact with and features several visually stunning activations inspired by some of Barbie’s most celebrated careers and playsets, including:
- Barbie Dreamhouse – Explore intricately designed rooms and jaw-dropping photo ops in Barbie’s Dreamhouse, set on the beach in Malibu. Guests can start their own patio party complete with a DJ kit to mix their own music ‘poolside’.
- Barbie Camper Van – Brought to life by Ryan Friedlinghaus and his team at West Coast Customs, World Of Barbie will feature a life-sized working Camper Van parked in front, allowing guests to climb in the driver’s seat, hang out in the hammock or look for several hidden surprises tucked away inside this ultimate road trip vehicle.
- Fashion Studio – Walk the pink carpet and strike a pose inside one of six oversized iconic Barbie boxes.
- TV Studio – LIVE from World of Barbie it’s The Barbie Show, where visitors become a news anchor delivering headlines in front of various TV studio backdrops, interviewing important guests or giving the weather report.
- Space Center – Board a spacecraft and blast off in Barbie’s shuttle while enjoying the view of stars in the galaxy. Interact with mission control, track objects on the radar or use the audio transference device to listen to the various sounds of space.
World of Barbie will also house a themed Barbie café sharing the same Barbie aesthetics as the immersive attraction.
In addition, the attraction will celebrate the history of the beloved brand with a dedicated area where visitors can see Barbie’s evolution across multiple decades.
“We were asked to bring Barbie’s playset to life. Who can say no to that opportunity?” says Kilburn CEO Mark Manuel. “Barbie is as relevant today as she was when she was first introduced to the world 63 years ago, if not more. I watched my daughter live and play in her world, I believe it helped shape her sharp and lively imagination, just like it has for millions of other children growing up. So there were a lot of reasons we needed to get this right.”
“Throughout her history and numerous careers, Barbie has represented a world of limitless potential,” says Julie Freeland, Senior Director of Location Based Entertainment at Mattel. “With this exquisitely designed attraction we were intentional about delivering an exciting experience that would leave younger fans with the sense that they could do anything or be anything. And, for those who grew up with Barbie, we wanted to spark a little bit of nostalgia, give these fans a chance to step back, reinvent themselves, if only for an afternoon, and spend a day in the Dream Life!”
World of Barbie will kick off in Toronto this summer in a standalone space at Square One, Canada’s foremost fashion, lifestyle and entertainment destination, before travelling to multiple cities across the United States next year.
Tickets for the Toronto engagement go on sale on May 21, 2022. To register for Toronto tickets or receive information on future tour dates, visit www.theworldofbarbie.com
The announcement comes on the heels of Kilburn Live’s recent successful ventures in the live entertainment space with The Dr. Seuss Adventure, NERF Challenge and The Search For Snoopy: A Peanuts Adventure activations, with The Game Room: Powered By Hasbro set to open later this year. The company is also behind the hit NightGarden franchise in Miami, Florida and another in The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
To learn more about Kilburn Live, visit http://kilburnmedia.com/live.