Marking 20 years of the LEGO Harry Potter franchise, the Danish toy maker has rebooted its partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products to reveal a new range of building sets that delve deeper into the magic of Hogwarts and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
The enchanted walls of Hogwarts will set the scene for many of the new sets, however, LEGO is giving fans the chance to spread their wings and explore the wizarding world with the likes of Dumbledore’s Phoenix, Fawkes, or the snow-capped streets of Hogsmeade Village.
Many of the sets will also interconnect, allowing fans to extend the play into different areas of Hogwarts.
A number of the new sets will also come with an exclusive golden minifigure to mark the 20th Anniversary of LEGO Harry Potter. These collectibles mark just some of the characters that have helped fans play out some of the franchise’s most memorable moments across two decades of LEGO Harry Potter.
The new sets will be available from LEGO.com, LEGO Stores and selected retailers from June 1st this year and more widely from August 1st. A selection of the sets will also be available to pre-order from April 16th at LEGO.com and other retailers globally.
The new line-up will include:
- LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts: Polyjuice Potion Mistake. Builders can join Harry, Ron and Hermione as they brew the powerful Polyjuice potion in Moaning Myrtle’s bathroom and transform as they gulp the potion. Don’t forget to explore the hidden tunnel beneath the sink.
- LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts: Fluffy Encounter. Young witches and wizards can try their luck at sneaking past the giant, three-headed dog, and reaching the trapdoor before Fluffy wakes.
- LEGO Harry Potter Hogsmeade Village Visits. Take a trip to the snowy village of Hogsmeade to buy tongue-tingling acid pops from Honeydukes, or order a refreshing Butterbeer at the Three Broomsticks.
- LEGO Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets. Budding builders can join the action in the Chamber of Secrets as Harry battles against Tom Riddle and the Giant Basilisk.
- LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Wizard’s Chess. LEGO fans can try their hand at the magical game to save the Philosopher’s Stone before using the pieces again and again to master the art of Muggle chess. Available exclusively from Target in the US, and LEGO.com and LEGO Stores globally.
- LEGO Harry Potter Harry Potter & Hermione Granger. Children can maximize the magical fun with these 10 in. (26 cm) tall brick-built Harry Potter and Hermione Granger models as they recreate some of their favourite storylines from the films. Available exclusively from Target in the US, and LEGO.com and LEGO Stores globally.
- LEGO Harry Potter Fawkes, Dumbledore’s Phoenix. LEGO fans can capture the magical personality and graceful flight of Fawkes, the intelligent Phoenix from the Harry Potter films. Available exclusively from Target in the US, and LEGO.com and LEGO Stores globally.
- LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts: First Flying Lesson. Builders can grab a broomstick and take part in a flying class with Madam Hooch, mounting a broom and shooting off on a wild ride around the Hogwarts rooftops. Available exclusively from Kohl’s in the US, and LEGO.com and LEGO Stores globally.
Marcos Bessa, LEGO Harry Potter design lead, commented: “Two decades ago, we launched the first LEGO Harry Potter set – which I played with as a 12 year old – and fans have remained just as enchanted by the magical adventures that they can relive and replay with the LEGO sets today as they were in 2001.
“These new products are packed full of captivating features and exciting design twists that we hope will excite and enthrall builders of all ages as they explore some of their favourite moments from the films.”