As one of the world’s top 100 licensors, award-winning The Smiley Company works with over 460 licensees and best-of-class retailer partners globally, to launch the iconic Smiley and Newmoji brands across fashion, home and entertainment sectors. We are a collective of fun-loving people with a passion for creating and storytelling. As part of our commitment to diversity, we cultivate a workplace of learning and inclusiveness. For nearly 50 years, Smiley has shaped the way of sharing optimism and happiness, expressing itself through iconic and creative products. With a commitment to creating a happier, more equal and sustainable world, The Smiley Company also funds philanthropic non-profits the Smiley Movement, a matchmaker for good, and the Charity Film Awards, the World’s biggest campaign for a charity and caused-based films, driving donations, views, media coverage and celebrity engagement. Today, Smiley has become more than just an icon, a brand and a lifestyle, reminding people just how powerful a smile can be.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Sales and Trade Marketing is a central element of the Smiley business.
At Smiley we are a small, dedicated team doing big things – and positivity, agility and adaptability are critical for this fast-paced role. The Sales and Brand Manager will drive the sales/brand management across the business covering the core elements of trade shows, newsletters, managing our CRM and supporting the sales team where necessary.
This role reports to the CEO.
- 4+ years’ experience in the Licensing industry
- Preferable experience in brand management and in sales within an aspirational fashion brand and/or lifestyle brand/company
- Global territory experience and current market knowledge are key to this role
- A well rounded and current understanding of the global fashion, beauty and lifestyle industry brands and market up-to-date knowledge is preferable
- A vibrant and positive attitude to work; someone who adapts quickly with a can-do attitude
- Experience in managing budgets and working with suppliers to ensure actionable results, on time and best cost
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and influence at all levels
- Strong Commercial sense to ensure actionability of results and influencing successfully across locations.
- Ability to leverage/integrate existing data sets when information is available
- Strong planning and organisational skills with a sense of priority and attention to detail
- Event management experience particularly with global licensing trade shows
- Strong knowledge of licensing industry media (existing relationships would be preferred)
Salary and Benefits:
Salary 30k-55k (dependent on experience)
Other Benefits include:
25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
Perkbox and Vitality health insurance after successful completion of probationary period
To apply, email Charlene Beedie email@example.com