Interested in working for a disruptive start-up in the licensing industry? ARTiSTORY builds upon a successfully proven licensing model, but with improvements. A rapidly growing global business with the aim of becoming the Disney of the art & culture sector.
Founded in 2020 by a team of pioneers in art and cultural IP licensing, ARTiSTORY is a specialist focusing on the cultural IP licensing with unique capabilities of transforming “Artefacts to Merchandise”, storytelling via digital content with sales teams in London, Barcelona, Seoul, Shanghai and Singapore. (New York sales office soon to be announced)
ARTiSTORY partners with the world’s top museums and cultural organisations to develop licensing programmes with global retailers and international consumer brands.
Our vision is to extend the reach for our museum partners to engage a global audience via a comprehensive licensing programme that consists of online retail and immersive retail space, digital licensing and touring exhibition each is supported by storytelling capabilities that resonate with targeted demographics.
About the Role
Joining ARTiSTORY in its early development stage, with rapid growth forecast, the Brand Extensions Manager will be responsible for the origination and execution of new licensing partnerships. This is a commercial role contributing to the overall sales target for the sales team.
It’s essential that Brands Extensions Manager can adapt and change to the needs of the company, a growing start-up.
Role & Responsibilities
- Responsible for securing licensees (retailers, manufacturers, brands, collaborations, D2C brands) across multiple products categories in the UK and possibly EU. • Research and identify potential licensees for our IP clients.
- Control sales meetings with potential licensees and deliver presentations on the annual creative themes to potential clients.
- Conduct due diligence on potential licensees in line with the company and IP client’s requirements.
- Negotiate licensee contracts through to signature.
- Work with the Client Managers to update them on all sales activity with potential licensees.
- Determine key target licensees for each of our IP Clients in line with the approved strategy.
- Present quarterly and annual forecasts for target licensees.
- A team player who will assist other members of the sales team with research, contacts, knowledge and advice.
- Take part in brainstorming and strategy sessions.
- Work closely with other departments in the company.
- Other duties assigned by Founding Partners.
- Track record of success in executing licenses that drive value and support the company’s growth strategy.
- Strong knowledge of licensing and of the licensing landscape (licensees and retailers).
- Contacts and network across the licensing landscape.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, ability to prepare and deliver sales pitches and presentations.
- Relationship builder with a can-do attitude, strong sense of urgency and ability to work independently.
- Proficient contract negotiator.
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and a confident phone manner.
- Strong organisational skills, can manage multiple projects and someone who is deadline oriented
- 5-7 years in licensing sales.
- Adaptable and flexible attitude to take on additional work.
- Interest in art & culture.
- Professional and well presented.
- IT competent in all Office and Mac applications.
Beneficial But Not Essential
What Do We Offer?
This is a full-time role (5 days a week) initially working remotely from home, but once ARTiSTORY opens an office in London the role will be based there with an opportunity for some remote work.
During the current Covid crisis there will be no requirement to travel but once restrictions ease travel to potential licensees will be required.
Competitive salary and performance related bonus.
Workplace pension contribution.
25 days holiday.
The role offers progression opportunities as the company grows.
The role reports to the Founding Partners.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter detailing why you are suitable for this role to email@example.com