The licensing deals for popular pre-school show Bluey cover a range of categories for North America including outdoor toys and lunchboxes.
BBC Studios, distributor and licensor for Bluey, is adding to its growing list of licensing partners for the international pre-school hit Bluey. The announcement comes in the lead up to the new Bluey giant character balloon debuting at the 2022 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Bendon, Inc., Ground Up, Little Kids, Megatoys, Point Zero, PTI, Spirit Halloween, Springs Creative, Sun-Staches, Swimways, Tin Box Company and Unique join the rapidly growing merchandise programme based on the hit series, which is available on the Disney Channel, Disney Junior, and Disney+. The newest companies to join the programme will begin rolling out new products across the US and Canada this autumn and in 2023.
“Fans can’t get enough of Bluey, on screen and off, and we’re delighted to be able to work with such amazing partners who love the brand and are committed to capturing its warmth, humour and creativity in their products in an even wider range of categories,” said Suzy Raia, SVP Consumer Products and Business Development, BBC Studios Americas. “These new licensees will help extend the Bluey experience to kids and families far and wide in exciting and playful new ways.”
Among the companies set to introduce Bluey products in North America are:
- Bendon, Inc. – Imagine ink colouring books (US and Canada)
- Ground Up – Footwear (US)
- Little Kids – Bubbles and outdoor toys (US)
- Megatoys – Seasonal, specifically gift sets including toys, stationery and seasonal confectionaries (US)
- Point Zero (Arctic Squad) – Kids swimwear and outerwear (launching in Canada via Nelvana)
- PTI – Easter baskets and carriers, Halloween carriers and safety products (US)
- Spirit Halloween – Halloween costumes, accessories, masks, and treat buckets (US)
- Springs Creative – Craft fabric (US)
- Sun-Staches – Children’s novelty and traditional sunglasses, blue light glasses, and sunglass cases (US)
- Swimways – Pool toys, floats, and swim gear (US)
- Tin Box Company – Decorative tins including lunch boxes and storage canisters (US)
- Unique – Party accessories, games and favours (US and in Canada via Nelvana)
Jointly commissioned by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation and BBC Studios, Bluey is produced by Emmy-winning Ludo Studio in association with Screen Queensland and Screen Australia. Season three is now streaming on Disney+ and will air on Disney Junior and Disney Channel beginning Monday 7th November with more new episodes on the way.
Bluey’s first live stage show, Bluey’s Big Play The Stage Show, is heading to theatres across the US and will debut this November at Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The show is a brand-new theatrical adaptation of the TV series featuring brilliantly created puppets with an original story by Joe Brumm and new music by Bluey composer Joff Bush. See blueylive.com for more information and tickets.