Graphic Designer wanted! Have you got creative skills spilling out of your pockets? Do you want to be part of a fun creative team?
Who we are
We are passionate about delivering exciting and innovative Products with a Purpose, creating products and brands for retailers and fans within the global gaming, esports and entertainment communities. We create product solutions for licensed properties and have secured global multi-international licensed partnerships with world-leading brands.
Cable Guys is our world-leading figural phone and gaming controller holder has developed a brand-new multi-channel category at retail with over 60+ characters available. MetaMerch is our unique take on drinkware. Big Box is our limited edition gift box which features an exclusive range of bespoke products.
Who you are
We’re looking for a talent Graphic Designer to join our small but ambitious team! You will have some experience already as a Graphic Designer and are passionate about developing in this field. You’ll have a good understanding of all aspects of design, from print to 3D, and are not afraid to share new creative ideas with the team and collaborate where appropriate. A bonus if you have previously worked in the gaming & entertainment and/ or the retail industries.
As an integral member of the EXG Creative studio, this role will support across all areas of Graphic Design, ensuring we provide assets and support the Product Development Team, Marketing Team and Sales Departments across all territories. To be successful in this role, you should be a self-starter with excellent problem-solving abilities, with an ambition to learn and develop in your craft. An understanding of the latest trends and a keen eye for detail is essential. It is also important that there is some alignment of the EXG creative vision, so please check out exgpro.com and our socials to get a feel of our branding and its creative.
The role of the Graphic Designer will report into the Design Manager. This is a permanent position within our small team with huge growth opportunities. The role will temporarily work remotely but we are open to flexible working when back in the office.
As Licensing specialists, you will get to work with some of the best gaming and entertainment brands such as Disney, Warner Brothers, Lucasfilm, Marvel, Capcom, Activision, Ubisoft, plus more!
What the role is
This role is focused on supporting the Design Manager to build the branding identity of the company and each of its product ranges through the creation of assets across multiple platforms. From product photography to product packaging, print and digital marketing materials, both following set briefs from internal stakeholders and liaising with external parties.
- Design on-brand, relevant and sustainable packaging solutions for all our company products
- Navigate the different licensor asset platforms and style guide requirements
- Work with the Product Development team to secure sign off on all artwork from our licensing partners
- Meet agreed deadlines as established by the Production Manager
- Set up print-ready files for production
- Support the Design Manager in building relationships with factories to approve samples
- Ongoingly review our packaging, making recommendations for enhancements based on regulation requirements, customer trends, sustainability, and safety compliance in all countries we distribute in
- Follow creative briefs from internal partners
- Maintain and update the internal asset database
- Product photography: retouching assets to high standard
- Design and create digital assets ready to post on all social platforms
- Support the Design Manager on regular refreshes to the company website
- Supply assets to external partners as directed in a timely manner
- Provide creative direction on the use of assets to external partners
- Build branded presentation templates as necessary
Additional responsibilities as required:
- Represent the company at relevant industry trade events
- Present ideas and concepts internally to the Creative Studio
- Work with and support as required, the broader teams including, finance, sales and marketing, procurement and logistics and operations.
- Work with external resources such as freelancers or printers as required by the Design Manager
What you will need:
- 3+ years’ experience within the design industry
- Advanced Skills in Adobe Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC and Indesign CC
- Experience with print production
- Experience with digital platforms (websites and video etc.)
- Animation/video skills would be a bonus
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication and problem solving abilities
- Ambition to learn and improve
- While entry is open to non-graduates, preference is given to those with relevant degrees
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role within a commercial environment
Please click here to apply https://exgpro.com/pages/graphic-designer